Welcome to the latest issue of HarvestTECH.News.
Decarbonisation is no longer just a worthwhile future project, but one that is now an essential upgrade for heavy transport fleets as we address challenges around climate change. This was a recurring and key theme at the recent Wood Transport and Logistics 2023 event, with new electric, hydrogen and dual fuelling options entering the market and companies already moving beyond operational and commercial trials and putting these new truck configurations to work.
This issue is packed with a number of interesting short videos for our readers. We hear from Knight Logging crew members on the new T-Winch, a Safetree guide to repairs and maintenance and the Nordic Forestry Automation’s AI and sensor-based technology for harvest operators.
Lastly, in Australia, Skills Insight and ForestWorks are reviewing the tree felling unit standards and are requesting further industry input – contact details are contained within the story if able to provide input.
Stories this issue:
- August 2023 NZ log market update
- Hybridised drivetrains & electrification with tower yarders?
- Accelerating Australia’s hydrogen-transport future
- Safety using the T-Winch harvesting downhill
- Record nominations recognise forestry’s top talent
- Repairs & maintenance of mobile forestry machinery
- AI company partners Nordic Forestry Automation
- Australian review of tree felling skills standards
So, sit back, grab a cup of coffee, and join us as we delve into the latest news and developments in forestry.
If you haven’t already, you can subscribe to this email newsletter.
Share this Post