Welcome to the latest issues of HarvestTECH.News.
This is our first issue for 2020. To start the year, a heads up on two major technology events being planned this year for forestry, wood harvesting and wood transport companies across Australasia. The Forest Industry Safety Summit 2020 is being run in May of this year and registrations are already open and rolling in. In Canada, the ForestTECHX event at which a number of local companies are presenting is also being run for North American forestry and wood harvesting operations on 17-18 March.
The focus for the HarvestTECH 2020 series this year is on log measurement and scaling, wood transport and robotics and automation – technologies and operating practices to improve the efficiencies of moving wood from the forest through to the log yard, processing plant, port or market. This series will be run in September in both New Zealand and Australia. Further details will follow.
There has been a number of product launches that we’ve highlighted in this month’s HarvestTECH.News for you. Tigercat has released their new roadside processor, Softree Technical Systems has new harvest planning software, Treemetrics launched its latest mobile forestry app and New Zealand’s Cat® dealer revealed a new company name.
Check out all the articles below and enjoy this month’s issue.
Stories this issue:
- Tigercat Releases 850 Processor
- Plus.ai’s Autonomous Truck Crosses US in 3 Days
- New Cable Harvest Planning Software Released
- How Fonterra stopped workplace fatigue
- The benefits of drones in logistics
- AUSTimber2020 rescheduled to November
- Douglas fir felled early for wilding effect
- Cat dealer launches new brand
- Pilot to increase woodlot owner’s awareness
- Treemetrics launch innovative forestry App
If you haven’t already, you can subscribe to this email newsletter.
Share this Post