26-27 June 2019, Rotorua, NEW ZEALAND
Latest Event Updates
Previous events have sold out
The 2015 harvesting event was SOLD OUT. The two-yearly harvesting event in 2017 ALSO SOLD OUT. For the 2017 event, exhibitors booths were sold out six weeks before the event and for delegates, no further registrations could be taken at least a month out before the event ran.
It was huge. HarvestTECH 2017 was the largest gathering yet seen in New Zealand. Around 450 logging contractors, forestry managers, forest owners, harvest planners along with all of the major equipment suppliers to the logging industry in this part of the world met in Rotorua. In addition to having most logging contractors from throughout the country attending, the FIEA event drew in a large contingent of contractors and forest managers from throughout Australia, as well as attracting key equipment suppliers, researchers, forestry companies and international contractors from Europe, the US, Canada, Papua New Guinea and Asia.
As well as the two-day conference and over 40 displays, two one-day field tours ran for HarvestTECH 2017 delegates.
Details for HarvestTECH 2019
It’s anticipated that 2019 will build on the success of the last two events. Planning is already underway for the 2019 event. Unlike earlier programmes the focus for 2019 will shift. Recent HarvestTECH programmes had concentrated on advances that had been made by innovative harvesting contractors, often working alongside local engineering companies and forestry companies, to increase their mechanisation, to raise productivity and to improve safety with new equipment being used on steeper terrain. It’s anticipated that HarvestTECH 2019 will be much more expansive.
The programme is being designed with contractors and industry leaders right now. It’s going to provide a practical, up-to-date and independent overview of some exciting new innovations and operating practices that are being employed, both inside and outside the industry, that will improve harvest operations, planning and wood transport.
HarvestTECH 2019 will provide a unique opportunity for all harvesting contractors, forestry companies and key technology and equipment providers to get away from their workplaces, to network together at one place at one time and to learn from some truly innovative operators and suppliers. Of course, it’s going to enable all those attending to renew and to make numerous new contacts to assist them in their business and future operations.
What is Being Covered in 2019?
- Recent innovations in steep slope and winch assist harvesting
- Getting the best out of existing hauler & ground-based operations
- Harvest planning - new systems really making a difference
- Effective use of collected data from your harvesting operation
- Options for eliminating log sorts and reducing landing sizes
- Tools & Systems for harvesting smaller woodlots
- Remote sensing technologies for harvest planning and operations
- Solutions for improving in-forest communications
- Increased automation and mechanisation - new R&D
- Remote control, robotics, virtual reality and automation in the bush
- Filling the skills gap in harvesting
Who Will be Attending?
Hundreds of representatives from the New Zealand and Australian wood processing industries, including:
- Harvesting contractors
- Forestry managers
- Forest owners
- Harvest planners
- Wood flow planners
- Harvesting equipment engineers
- Forestry H&S managers
- Forestry & harvesting researchers
- Technology, equipment or service suppliers to local wood harvesting operations
We have been working closely with a wide range of New Zealand, Australian and international companies, service suppliers, researchers and government bodies to develop a strong and innovative programme. If you have any questions about the programme, please contact Brent Apthorp on firstname.lastname@example.org or (+64) 3 470 1902.
Pre-conference Registrations & Drinks (Tuesday 25 June 2019)
Due to the numbers of delegates registering, for those in Rotorua or staying at the Distinction Rotorua hotel, pre-conference registrations will be held along with drinks at the venue between 5 and 6pm, the night before the conference on Tuesday 25 June 2019. Pre-Conference drinks are being sponsored by Boss Attachments.
Download the full registration brochure
This includes the programme, event details and printed registration form.Download
Event Sponsors & Supporters
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
HarvestTECH offers a tremendous opportunity for companies involved in supplying equipment, products and services to Australasia’s booming logging industry. Like registrations to the previous event, sponsorship and exhibition places are expected to be booked out well in advance of HarvestTECH 2019 running. If you are considering sponsorship or exhibiting, please make contact with us early to avoid missing out!
FIEA has earned a well-deserved reputation over 20 years of providing both event sponsors and exhibitors with a unique independent platform for promoting their products and services to forestry and wood products companies in this region.
For sponsorship and exhibition options, please contact Gordon Thomson, Sponsorship Manager, (+64) 7 921 1384 or (+64) 27 275 8022, email@example.com.
390 Fenton Street, Rotorua, New Zealand
With its beautiful garden setting and located just minutes from the city centre, Distinction Rotorua Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a big day at the conference.
After the event, this hotel is also a great base to enjoy the wealth of attractions and activities Rotorua has to offer.
Hotel Venue Car parking
The outside of the conference venue is booked out with a large number of exhibits of new wood harvesting equipment on display. This will mean that the Distinction Rotorua hotel carpark will be full for both Tuesday 25 June and Wednesday 27 June.
Parking in the hotel carpark won’t be permitted over these two days. So, if staying at the hotel or travelling by vehicle to the event, parking will need to be made out on the road around the hotel.
Special accommodation rates (incl. GST):
- Superior Rooms: $170 per room/night
- Deluxe Rooms: $190 per room/night
- Junior Suites: $230 per room/night
- Executive Suites: $250 per room/night
All accommodation rates are based on single, double or twin share occupancy.
(ends 17 May 2019)
$890 + GST per personRegister
Group (3-5) Rate
(3 to 5 attendees)
$795 + GST per personRegister
Group (6+) Rate
(min 6 attendees)
$590 + GST per personRegister
(with discount code)
$890 + GST per personRegister
(from 18 May 2019)
$990 + GST per personRegister
- All prices exclude 15% GST.
- Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) member discounts of 10-25% apply on ALL listed Conference Rates. FIEA Membership Details and Benefits can be seen on www.fiea.org.nz. Membership status and discounts available can be checked by calling our FIEA offices.
- A credit card fee of 2.5% applies to credit card transactions.
- The Association Rate is available to all Supporting Association Members listed. A discount code is required and can be obtained by contacting your Association directly.
- To be eligible for any special rates, registrations and payment must be received on or BEFORE the dates listed. All discounts require payment at time of registration and before the cut-off date in order to receive any discount.
- Any discounts offered (including group discounts) require payment at the time of registration.
- Your conference registration payment covers the morning and afternoon teas, lunches, refreshments, a conference handbook and access to presentations (electronic download for those presentations where presenter approval has been given).
- Cancellation policy: For cancellations made on or before Friday 24 May 2019, a 10% administration fee applies. Cancellations received after this date are non-refundable, however, they are transferable. Please allow 30 days for refunds to be processed. If you wish to transfer your registration to another individual from within your company, please provide us with at least 24 hours advance notice.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the programme when required.
- Click here for our full terms and conditions.
FIEA Contact Details
(+64) 7 921 1382
1800 126 398 (from Australia)
Forest Industry Engineering Association
Building X91, Sala Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
PO Box 1230, Rotorua 3040, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 7 921 1382
Forest Industry Engineering Association
c/o Distinction Dunedin Hotel, 6 Liverpool Street, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
PO Box 904, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 3 470 1902
Forest Industry Engineering Association: A division of Innovatek Ltd