2020 Event Details
The HarvestTECH conference and exhibition that ran in June 2019 SOLD OUT well in advance of the event being run. Exhibitor space sold out months before. It was the largest gathering of its type ever seen in New Zealand. Close to 500 harvesting contractors, harvest planners, forestry managers and equipment and technology suppliers into the region’s logging industry attended.
In addition to most major New Zealand contractors there, a large contingent came across from Australia, North and South America and SE Asia. It well and truly established itself on the international stage. Because of the huge support and excellent feedback from recent wood harvesting events run by the Forest Industry Engineering Association (FIEA) – and previous wood transport events – the two-yearly Woodflow and Logistics event that is run in both New Zealand and Australia is now being brought under the HarvestTECH brand in 2020.
HarvestTECH 2020 will be focussing on log scaling, log segregation and loading, wood transport, logistics and data integration through the wood supply chain.
The objective of the 2020 technology series, with 30% – 40% of delivered log costs being contributed by transport, is to profile the very latest technologies for moving wood efficiently and safely from the forest through to the log yard, processing plant, port or market. New initiatives and operating practices being employed to improve log measurement, planning, logistics & operations within the wood supply chain will also be showcased as part of the series.
New technologies, new processing systems and case studies to showcase “new technology and smart operating practices” in log loading and wood measurement, wood transport and logistics will be profiled at the HarvestTECH 2020 series. At this stage, based on requests and suggestions from industry, content is likely to cover;
- Remote sensing and real-time tracking of logs and wood products
- Innovative systems to integrate planning, operations, harvesting, transport & sales
- Advances in automated measurement, materials handling, packaging and distribution
- New innovations around log and wood product handling, trucking, rail and shipping
- New mobile communications and data transfer technologies for local operations
- Developments in information technology and data management
- Impacts and opportunities using robotics, automation, augmented and virtual reality, machine learning, telematics and UAV’s
- Health and safety initiatives around harvesting and wood transport operations
- Initiatives for resolving key skills and labour shortages
- International models adding value to supply chain management
- Effective tools, models and case studies for collaboration through the wood supply chain
Interested in Presenting?
At a later stage, expressions of interest in presenting at HarvestTECH 2020 will be sought. Already, from the many local and international companies involved as presenters or exhibitors at the HarvestTECH 2019 sawmilling series, we have a list of interested companies that have expressed interest in presenting.
If interested in presenting at the HarvestTECH 2020 series, please register your early interest by clicking on the button below.
Who will Attend?
- Harvesting and wood flow planners
- Wood harvesting and haulage contractors
- Transport operators
- Forestry managers
- Forest owners
- Technical foresters
- Forestry consultants
- Forestry researchers
- Wood supply chain and logistics companies
- Key suppliers to forestry, wood harvesting & transport operations
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
HarvestTECH 2020 offers a tremendous opportunity for companies involved in supplying equipment, products and services to Australasia’s booming log transport industry.
FIEA has earned a well-deserved reputation over 20 years of providing both event sponsors and exhibitors with a unique independent platform for promoting their products and services to forestry and wood products companies in this region.
For sponsorship and exhibition options, please contact our Sponsorship Manager, on (+64) 7 921 1384 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Distinction Rotorua Hotel
Rotorua, NEW ZEALAND
390 Fenton Street, Rotorua, New Zealand
With its beautiful garden setting and located just minutes from the city centre, Distinction Rotorua Hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind after a big day at the conference. After the event, this hotel is also a great base to enjoy the wealth of attractions and activities Rotorua has to offer. Free car parking is available at the venue, however, spaces are limited and hotel guests take priority.
Special accommodation rates (incl. GST):
- Superior Rooms: $160 per room/night
- Deluxe Rooms: $180 per room/night
- Junior Suites: $230 per room/night
- Executive Suites: $250 per room/night
Accommodation rates include single, double or twin share occupancy options.
6 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria 3004, Australia
Surrounded by green parks and minutes from the beach yet within easy reach of buzzing downtown Melbourne, Chapel Street shopping and nightlife, the Bayview Eden Melbourne has the best of both worlds. Many of the hotel’s 192 comfortable, stylishly refurbished rooms and suites overlook the picturesque Albert Park with its lake and golf course, while the rooftop spa and gym provide panoramic views of the Central Business District skyscrapers.
Special accommodation rates will be available soon.
FIEA Contact Details
(+64) 7 921 1382
1800 126 398 (from Australia)
Forest Industry Engineering Association
Building X91, Sala Street, Rotorua 3010, New Zealand
PO Box 1230, Rotorua 3040, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 7 921 1382
Forest Industry Engineering Association
c/o Distinction Dunedin Hotel, 6 Liverpool Street, Dunedin 9016, New Zealand
PO Box 904, Dunedin 9054, New Zealand
Ph (+64) 3 470 1902